Natural Regeneration :
- Natural regeneration is not satisfactory.
Artificial Regeneration :
- It can be established by direct sowing, and Nursery raised seedlings.
Seed collection and Storage :
- The tree seeds from the age 5-10 years.
- Seeds are collected from ripen pods of the trees.
- The number of fresh seeds per kg is about 45000.
- Germination percentage of fresh seed is 70 percent.
- The seeds can be stored viable for one year.
Seed Treatment :
- Hot water treatment and subsequently cooing for 24 hrs.
Nursery Technique :
- The seeds can be sown in raised and shaded nursery beds
- Two leaved seedling are transplanted from nursery beds to polybags.
- Germination begins in 2-5 days
- Polybags plants about 4-5 months old having a height more than 60cm are suitable for planting.
Plantation technique :
- Planting out is carried out during July in 30 cm3 pits,
- Under dry conditions, pit size of 60 cm3 with a spacing of 3x3 m.
- Planting should be carried out after the commencement of monsoon
Care & Disease Control :
- Plantation must be weed free with proper soil and water conservation measures.
- It does not thrive in poorly drained, flooded or waterlogged soils.
Recommended Harvest :
- Approximately 120-160 tons/ha*
*Subject to varry according to site factors.
Agro Forestory :
- Annual crops in the 1st year and grasses from the second year.
Major uses :
- Mainly used for interior paneling for making tea crates, packing cases etc.
- Important source of pulpwood for paper manufacture mixed with high grade pulp.
- It is also used for manufacturing plywood and matches.
Other uses :
Market details :
- Approximately Rs.3200 to Rs.3500/ton*
*Subject to change according to market demands