Natural Regeneration :
- It is propagated by seed.
Artificial Regeneration :
- Easily propagated by direct sowing.
Seed collection and Storage :
- • The fruits are collected in February-April.• They dried in the sun to break open the seeds.• Seeds are viable for 2 years.• The seed rate 2000-2500/Kg• The germinative percentage is 60 - 70 and • Plant percentage is about 60 - 62.
Seed Treatment :
• No pre-treatment is necessary.
Nursery Technique :
- The seeds may be sown during the onset of monsoon.
- Seeds are sown in mother bed during March – April.
- Germination stats in a week and complete in a month.
- Beds are regularly watered and weeded.
- 3-4 months old nursery raised seedlings are fit for planting.
Plantation technique :
- 3-4 month old seedlings are planted out on the onset of monsoon.Pit size 30 cm3with spacing of 3 m x 3 m or 5 m x 5 m .
Care & Disease Control :
- Plantation should be weed free with proper soil working measures.
Recommended Harvest :
Major uses :
- It is chiefly cultivated for its fruit and sold under the trade name of “ Rittaor Soap nut.”
- It is used as a substitute for soap in washing silk, woolen and other delicate articles.
- The wood is locally used for making small articles.
Market details :
- Approximately Rs.2600 to Rs.3000/ton.