Natural Regeneration :
- Seedling regeneration comes up well in good seed year.
Artificial Regeneration :
- Propagated by Nursery raised seedlings and stumps.
Seed collection and Storage :
- Ripe fruits are collected during February
- Fruits are dried in sun and the seeds are extracted and cleaned.
- Seeds are stored in air tight polythene bags for one year.
- Seed rate is 28000 to 56000/Kg
- Germinative capacity is very poor 2 -3 % only
Seed Treatment :
- Cold water treatment for 48 hours.
Nursery Technique :
- The seeds are sown in nursery beds during April – May
- The beds are watered regularly.
- The germination starts in about 2 weeks and completes in 3 months.
- Two leaf stage seedlings are prick in poly bags and maintained in nursery for one year.
Plantation technique :
- One year old nursery raised seedlings are suitable for planting.
- Planting done during the onset of monsoon.
- Pitting size adopted is 30 cm3 and spacing is 3 m x 3 m
Care & Disease Control :
- Regular weeding and cleaning are required in early stages.
- Tree being a light demander, plantation will require adequate thinning from pole stage onwards.
For proper growth and survival it is necessary to give one or two waterings after planting. This is specifically required in arid regions. Irrigation after planting is not a prerequisite in areas having sufficient soil moisture and precipitation. Higher survival rate and better rate of growth is reported when soil and water conservation measures are also adopted.
Recommended Harvest :
Major uses :
- The wood is fairly durable and easy to saw.
- It is used for building constructions, for door and window frames and agricultural implements, furniture and boats.
- Wood is a good fuel and charcoal.
- Bark is locally used for tannin and fiber production.