Natural Regeneration :
- Regenerates naturally by seeds
Artificial Regeneration :
- Propagated by Nursery raised seedlings.
Seed collection and Storage :
- Ripe pods are collected off the trees in March-April
- The seeds are separated from the soft pulp and washed with cold water, before drying and stored in gunny bags.
- Seeds are viable for long time
Seed Treatment :
- Hot water treatment for 5 minutes.
Nursery Technique :
- Seeds are sown in mother bed in March –April and watered regularly.
- Germination starts in 10 days.
- Mother bed should be kept weed free.
- Two leaf stage seedlings are transplanted in polybags and maintained in nursery.
- 6 month old seedlings are fit for planting in the main field.
Plantation technique :
Nursery Raised seedlings:
- Pitting size 30 cm3 or 45 cm3
- Spacing adopted : 3 m x 3 m and 5 m x 5 m
Care & Disease Control :
- Weeding and soil working is more essential.
Recommended Harvest :
- 15-20 years for coppice system.
- 100-120 tons/ha of fuel wood.
Major uses :
- Due to its ornamental value it is grown in gardens and road side avenues.
- The bark,fruits,leaves and flowers are used in tannin industry
Market details :
- Approximately Rs.3000 to Rs.3200/ ton.