Natural Regeneration :
- Naturally propagated by seeds.
Artificial Regeneration :
- Propagated by Green budding, Brown budding, and crown budding.
Seed collection and Storage :
- The best season for seed collection is May-June.
- The ripe heads are dried in the sun to separate the seed.
- Seed viability is very low.
- Seed rate 10000/Kg
Seed Treatment :
- No Seed treatment is required.
Nursery Technique :
Mother bed of Size
- 60-120 cm width and of convenient length are prepared with loamy soil with FYM.
- Seeds are broad casted in the mother bed and covered with 5m of river sand.
- Germination starts within 5-7 days.
- Seedling stumps – 23 x 23 cm, 30 x 30 cm and 34 x 20 cm
- Budded stumps – 30 x 30 cm
- Stump budding – 60 x 60 cm
- Bud wood nursery – 60 x 90 cm or 60 x 120 cm.
Plantation technique :
- Pitting Size adopted 30 cm3
Population / ha
6.7 X 3.4
4.9 X 4.9
6.1 X 3.0
4.6 X 4.6
Care & Disease Control :
- Growing of cover crops, incorporation of cover crops and weeding are important operations.
Recommended Harvest :
- The annual yield of rubber is 375 kg/ha from seedlings trees, whereas budded plants yield 800 - 1000 kg/ha.
Agro Forestory :
- Intercropping with coffee or cocoa
Major uses :
- Rubber tree is mainly cultivated for its Latex.
- Rubber wood is mostly used as fire wood and match veneer and splints.
- It is also used for rubber wood furniture and panel products.
Other uses :
Food,Fodder,Apiculture,Fuel,Fiber,timer,lipids,poison, Rubberwood waste is an excellent medium for the growing of mushrooms.
Market details :
- Approximately Rs.2800 to Rs.3000/ ton.