Natural Regeneration :
- Profuse natural seedlings regeneration comes up in rains under favorable climatic and edaphic factors.
Artificial Regeneration :
- Propagated by nursery raised seedling.
Seed collection and Storage :
- Light winged pods are collected during April to May.
- Pods are dried in sun for 3-4 days and then stored in gunny bags.
- Seed weigh varies from 4800 o 5300/ Kg.
- Germinative capacity is 60 to 70%
Seed Treatment :
- Seeds may be treated with cold water for 24 hours before sowing
Nursery Technique :
- Seed is sown in beds, after collection, in May to June
- Mother beds are watered regularly.
- Germination starts in three weeks and take about 5 weeks to complete.
- Mother beds should be shaded in dry area
- Beds are to be kept well weeded.
- One or two year old plants are fit for planting out during onset of monsoon.
Plantation technique :
- One year old nursery raised seedlings can be planted during the onset of monsoon.
- Pits 30 cm3 and spaced 2 m x 2 m to 3 m x 3 m are adopted
Care & Disease Control :
- Soil working around the plant is carried out for a month after planting.
- Weeding and ploughing once in a year is necessary.
- Regular watering in dry seasons.
Recommended Harvest :
Agro Forestory :
- H. binata has a deep-rooting habit, hence competes minimally with arable crops
Major uses :
- The wood is hardest and heaviest in India.
- Used for beams and mine props, bridge and house construction, agricultural implements, carts and wheel work
- It provides excellent firewood and good charcoal.
- The bark yields a strong fiber largely employed for making ropes
Market details :
- Approximately Rs.3000 - 3500/ton*
*Subject to change according to market demands