Natural Regeneration :
- Natural regeneration is not satisfactory
- Nursery raised seedlings.(The seedlings attain plantable size in 6 months).
Seed Collection and Storage :
- The tree seeds every year
- Seed ripens in April - June.
- Pods are collected and seeds are separated
- Seeds are sun dried
- Properly cleaned seeds are stored in gunny bags for one year.
- Germination percent 30-50 %.
- Seed weight is 37000 to 49000/kg
Seed Treatment :
- Seeds soaked in cold water for 24 hrs for better results
Nursery Technique :
- Polybags of size 13 x 25 cm are filled with good mixture of growth medium (Red soil, sand and FYM (2:1:1)
- Two seeds are sown per bag at a depth of 1.5 cm in February-March.
- The seedlings attain plantable size in 6 months.
Plantation technique :
- The 30 cm3 pit at a spacing of 4 m x 4 m (Block planting) and 3m x 3m (Boundary planting) are prepared in advance to allow weathering of soil.
- Planting is done on the onset of first monsoon.
- For proper growth and survival it is necessary to give one or two waterings after planting.
- This is specifically required in arid regions.
- Irrigation after planting is not a prerequisite in areas having sufficient soil moisture and precipitation.
Recommended Harvest :
- Approximately 25 – 30 years for Timber purpose
- Approximately 300 - 350 tons/ ha*
*Subjected to change depending upon site factors
Agro Forestory :
- Pulses and oil seeds can be cultivated up to 3 years.
Major uses :
- Wood: Timber is very hard used for making furniture’s, agricultural implements, tool handles and house post
Market details :
Approximately Rs.2200 to Rs.2500/ton *
*Subjected to change according to Market demands