Natural Regeneration :
- Regenerates Naturally by seeds.
Artificial Regeneration :
- Propagated by Nursery raised seedlings.
Seed collection and Storage :
- Ripe pods are collected from January to March and dried in sun
- Seeds are released on drying from the pods and stored
- Seed rate 4000 to 5000/Kg.
- Seeds are viable for 8 months.
- Germination capacity is 30-100%
- Plant Percent is 95 – 10%
Seed Treatment :
- No seed treatment is required.
Nursery Technique :
- Seeds are directly soil in poly bags filled with sandy loam and FYM.
- Bags are watered regularly.
- It should be kept weed free.
- 6 month old seedlings are fit for planting out.
Plantation technique :
- It is the best method, sown in lines or patches during the onset of monsoon.
Nursery raised Seedlings :
- Planting out is carried out during July in 30 cm3 pits.
- Under dry conditions, pit size of 60 cm3 with a spacing of 3x3 m.
- Planting should be carried out after the commencement of monsoon.
Care & Disease Control :
- Regular weeding and Soil working is necessary as the seedling grows rapidly.
For proper growth and survival it is necessary to give one or two waterings after planting. This is specifically required in arid regions. Irrigation after planting is not a prerequisite in areas having sufficient soil moisture and precipitation. Higher survival rate and better rate of growth is reported when soil and water conservation measures are also adopted.
Rotation : 10 years, leaf fodder - 400t/ha
Major uses :
- Excellent fodder tree.
- It is an ornamental tree, because of its purple flowers from September to December.
Other uses :
1. Leaves contain 13.15% crude protein .
2. Leaves are used for fodder in its area of distribution and give a fodder of medium quality.
1.The flowers are cooked as a vegetable and pickles .
1.The bark is used for as a cheap tan , dye and in indigenous medicine .
2. The tree is mainly cultivated for its gorgeous flowers .
Market details :
- Rs.2000 to Rs.2500/ ton approximately.
Carbon stock :