Natural Regeneration :
- It has high capacity to regenerate under its own shade.
- Natural regeneration comes up well if the plantation of 16 years old or more is given light burning after seed fall.
- Thinning out or clear felling tends the seedlings to grow rapidly.
Artificial Regeneration :
- The trees can be propagated by nursery raised entire plant, poly plants and Direct sowing.
Seed collection and Storage :
- Tree starts fruiting are early stage till 40 years.
- Seed ripens in January to March and best time for collection is February to March.
- The pods are lopped and spread in sun for 5-10 days and separated by hands.
- Stored in air-tight tins in a cool dry place.
- Seeds are viable for 2 years.
- 43 seeds weigh one gram.
- Germination capacity High and germination percentage is 50 % and
- Plant percent is 65 %.
- No.of Plants/kg of seed is 27300.
Seed Treatment :
- Seeds are soaked in water for 24 - 36 hours before sowing or immersed in boiling water and allowing it to cool and soak for 24 hrs.
Nursery Technique :
- Seeds are sown at 5cm x 5cm during February - March or December - January.
- Germination beds are prepared by mixing well decomposed manure, Red earth and burnt ash.
- The beds are provided with lateral shade to protect against direct hot winds and removed after completion of germination.
- Seedlings attain height of 1 m to 1.5 m during July is suitable for planting.
Poly bag Seedlings:
- Plants are raised in the polybags of 23 cm x 15 cm size.
- Bags filled with pulverized soil and cow dung in the ratio of 3 : 1.
- Seeds are sown in each bag in March and depth of sowing should be 1 cm.
- Overhead shade is provided during germination period.
- Germination starts in 15-21 days and completes within 30-35 days.
- Bags are planted out in the field in June-July.
Plantation technique :
- Nursery raised Seedling are planted during monsoon season.
- 3-4 month old polythene bag plants are planted in pit size of 30cm x 30cm x 30cm.
Border Planting :
- Initial 1.83 m x 1.83 m (Remove 50 % after 4th year to obtain vertical growth).
Fire and Pulpwood Plantation:
Care & Disease Control :
- Weeding are necessary during initial years and fertilization promotes growth.
Recommended Harvest :
- 4-5 years for Fuel Wood
- 8-10 years for Pulp Wood and
- 12 - 15 Years for Timber
- 17 - 20 m3/ha/year at rotation of 10-12 years.
- Yield of Shallow soils were only 5 m3/ha/year at rotation of 15 year.
Agro Forestory :
- Very use full tree for reclaiming wasteland areas and conserving soil and water.
Major uses :
- Good quality fulewood of calorific value being 4800-4900 Kcal per kg.
- It gives excellent charcoal which burns without smoke or spark.
- Among many fuel wood it was found to be most efficient for domestic consumption.
- Pulp has high strength properties used for manufacture of wide range of paper and paper-board products.
- Timber used for local furniture on moderate scale.
- The bark contains about 15% water soluble tannin which produces good quality of leather.