Natural Regeneration :
- Naturally propagated by seed.
Artificial Regeneration :
- Propagated byDirect sowing.
Seed collection and Storage :
• Ripe pods are collected in March-April. • Pods are dried in the sun and seeds are collected.• Seeds are viable for 3 months only.• Seed rateis 3300-4400 /kg. • The germination percentage is varies from 30-95%.
Seed Treatment :
- No pretreatment is required.
Nursery Technique :
• Nursery raised seedlings do not stand planting out owing to injury to root system.• Direct sowing is recommended.
Plantation technique :
• Plantation land should be ploughed thoroughly.• Seeds are son in patches at 2m intervals in rows and 3 m apart.
Care & Disease Control :
• Plantation should be kept weed free for first 2 years.
Recommended Harvest :
Major uses :
• It is heavy constructional timber used for railway sleepers, bridges, and wagon floor panel.• Locally it is used for boat making, post, beams and fence post.
Other uses :
The bark and wood are a source of tannins .
A red resin is obtained from the trunk ,
An oil is obtained from the seeds .
Market details :
- Approximately Rs.2600 to Rs.3000/ton.