Natural Regeneration :
Artificial Regeneration :
- Propagate by seedlings and cutting.
Seed collection and Storage :
- The seeds are collected during March to Apirl
- The collected seeds are dried in the sun after removing the pulp.
- Seed rate is 125,000/kg .
Seed Treatment :
- Seed treatment is not required
Nursery Technique :
- The seeds are sown in polybags of size 13 x 25 cm at the rate of 2-3 seeds per bag.
- Germination commences in about a week and is over within three weeks.
- They are planted during north -east monsoon.
- The young plants raised in light shade until they are 12-15 cm tall, than exposed to full sunlight until they are ready to be transplanted to the field (about 45-60cm tall).
Plantation technique :
Nursery raised Seedlings:
- The land is prepared by loosening the soil through ploughing and pitting with machinery.
- Refilling with top soil
- Pit size : 45 cm3
- Spacing 5m x 5m or 5m x 6m can be adopted.
Care & Disease Control :
- Regular pruning is essential to maintain the crown shape.
Major uses :
- Ornamental: This is one of the most common and showy of the flowering trees.