Natural Regeneration :
- Regenerates naturally from seeds and coppice.
Artificial Regeneration :
- Propagated by Nursery raised seedling.
Seed collection and Storage :
- Ripe pods are collected off the trees in March-April
- The seeds are separated from the soft pulp and washed with cold water, before drying and stored in gunny bags.
- Seeds are viable for long time
- Germination percent is 20-60
Seed Treatment :
- Cold water treatment for 24 hours
Nursery Technique :
- Seeds are sown in mother bed in March –April and watered regularly.
- Germination starts in 10 days.
- Mother bed should be kept weed free.
- Two leaf stage seedlings are transplanted in polybags and maintained in nursery.
- 6 month old seedlings are fit for planting in the main field.
Plantation technique :
Nursery Raised seedlings:
- Pitting size 30 cm3 or 45 cm3
- Spacing adopted : 3 m x 3 m and 5 m x 5 m
Care & Disease Control :
- Regular pruning is essential to maintain the crown shape
Major uses :
- The species is valued as an amenity tree by virtue of its many yellow trumpet-shaped flowers.
- Boundary or barrier or support: Trees can be planted as a live hedge
Other uses :
The species is valued as an amenity tree by virtue of its many yellow trumpet-shaped flowers. Boundary or barrier or support: Trees can be planted as a live hedge